When I was a child, my parents always served this slightly sweet salad and we never tired of it, especially during the holidays. Cool and crunchy, this salad is usually a big favorite. It is a naturally sweet recipe that appeals to children and adults alike.
- 5 small apples (un-peeled), chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup grapes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Combine sour cream with salt.
- Add grapes, walnuts, celery, and apples.
- Toss gently until well mixed.
- Best served cold. Can also be served on a small bed of lettuce.