Vegan Carob Mousse
This dessert is very simple to make and we're told it was very popular with the friends of our friend who suggested it. Since it can be difficult to correctly substitute carob for chocolate, we love receiving recipes for carob desserts to share with you.
Please let us know how it works for you. If we get a lot of good responses, we can move this out of our test kitchen and into our recipe section for even more people to enjoy!
Please email email@example.com if you have a recipe you would like to suggest.
- 1 package Silken Tofu (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Flavoring such as mint, orange or raspberry
- 1 package Carob or Carob chips
- In a blender or food processor, blend the tofu, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a double boiler (or a metal bowl over a pot with boiling water), melt the carob. Once the chips are melted, blend them with the tofu mixture until smooth.
- Pour the mousse into cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until it has set.
- Alternately you could put the mouse mixture into a chocolate/carob pie crust and make mousse pie.
- Serving suggestion: Whipped cream!