Orange Ginger Cooler
A refreshing drink from Kurma’s cookbook, "Great Vegetarian Dishes"
1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground cardamom seeds
2 cups hot water
1⁄3 cup honey
3 cups crushed ice
1⁄3 cup Fresh lemon juice
3 cups fresh orange juice
- Grind mint leaves, ginger, and cardamom to a paste with a mortar and pestle, or mince them in a food processor.
- Steep the pulp in the hot water for half an hour.
- Strain the mixture through a cloth or sieve, collect the juice, and discard the pulp.
- Blend mint and ginger juice and honey in a large bowl.
- Add ice, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Serve in chilled glasses garnished with an orange ring and mint leaves.
This recipe is from Kurma Dasa's book "Great Vegetarian Dishes".