Mixed Vegetable Dahl
Yesterday I made a curry, which my friend liked a lot. I had very few vegetables so I'll tell you what I did. I called it "Simple Mixed Vegetable Dahl."
- 1 Large eggplant, chopped
- 1 Medium carrot, chopped
- 2 Whole tomatoes, (leave whole)
- 4 Green chillies, chopped (less if you like)
- 1⁄2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 3 tsp Sambar powder
- 2 Tbsp Mashed tamarind
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Hot water in small bowl
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 cup yellow lentils
- 2 cup Water for lentils
- I put all of the vegetables with one cup of yellow lentils (toor dahl) and cooked it in a pressure cooker with two cups of water for 15 min (approx.)
- Then I heated two spoons of veg oil and added mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- I put the tamarind in a small bowl of water, so that after few min I can take out the tamarind extract or juice. (This will add a little sour and sweet taste to the dahl)
- I add the tamarind juice to the cooked vegetables and lentils (dahl), then added one teaspoons of salt and poured the mixture into into the heated oil and seeds.
- I Cooked this for 3 minutes and then it was ready to eat with rice or chapati.