Mashed Potatoes with Tarragon
Thanksgiving without mashed potatoes leaves me feeling like something is missing. I've added a little zing with the tarragon and hope you find it fun.
- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- coarse salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- Cover potatoes with water in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until fork tender. Drain.
- Heat milk and cream in a small pan over medium-low heat.
- Mash potatoes with electric or hand mixer while pouring the warm milk over them.
- Stir in butter, add tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days; reheat before using.