Sherbet is a change from milk-based recipes and is best served a little on the soft side. Lemon zest or orange zest can be added. You’ll need either an ice cream maker or a Vita Mix to get the consistency right. (This is wonderful served on the Caramelized Pineapple Rings.)
- 28 oz coconut milk, unsweetened
- 14 oz coconut milk, sweetened
- 1 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and mix fully over medium heat.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Place in ice cream maker (or Vita Mix) and process until thick and creamy.