Caramelized Pineapple Rings
The pineapple is a magnificent fruit and tastes great when caramelized and served with Coconut Sherbet or ice cream. Make sure the pineapple is ripe and juicy.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup cane sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 scoops of coconut sherbet or ice cream
- Core and cut pineapple into rings.
- Place butter in pan over medium heat.
- Coat the rings in sugar and place in pan. Cook until nice and brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and serve with a scoop of Coconut Sherbet or ice cream in pineapple center.
- Add a little water to the pan to make syrup glaze, and pour this over the coconut sherbet or ice cream.