Apricot & Saffron Rice
Apricots give that rich, fruity flavour to any dish. It really makes a fresh difference to rice and can be eaten with any curry or vegetable dish. The saffron subtly compliments the apricot, adding lovely rich notes to the rice.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 10 strands of saffron
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ghee or vegetable oil
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Stir in salt, saffron, and apricots.
- After a minute add the washed and well drained rice. Stir for another 2 minutes and add water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- When water starts to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes or until rice is soft and fluffy.
- Stand covered for another 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with a clean fork before serving.
Do you know where this recipe originated? We'd like to know so we can give the cook proper credit for a lovely recipe. If you have suggestions for this recipe, or you want to share your experience with it, please rate and comment on it. Fellow cooks want to know!